We talk about how in business you meet transactional people. Today we talk about what a transactional person is and how to deal with them. Business is a transactional experience. However some people think that approaching people with a false sense of friendship is the way to get something. It’s not.
If you want to get something from someone, just ask for what you want. Don’t try to be a friend. It wastes everyone’s time. Trying to build a relationship based on business is flimsy. During today’s episode we talk about how to be genuine in a transactional capacity.
The points we discussed today:
- What is a transactional relationship
- The right way to approach a transaction
- The wrong way to approach a transaction
- Why a real relationship should be for the long term
- How do you feel after a meeting
- Why you just need to be yourself
- Why “fanning out” is a bad thing
- Don’t rank people by “importance”
We invite you to join our Facebook group. It’s great to have such an incredible group of entrepreneurs out there making it happen every day. We’d love to hear from you; please feel free to join our Facebook group and share your experiences, challenges, and motivation with us and the rest of Startup Chat community.
We appreciate having your email address at The Startup Chat because we’ll be sharing some special podcast episodes and other things exclusively with the people on our email list. Click the link above and fill out the email address box to become part of the community today!