Many businesses and managers fall into the trap of trying to controlling their teams and employees. On today’s episode we discuss why trying to exercise control is a bad move. We will explain what is actually at the heart of a need to control others and how to readjust your thinking.
We also revisit the topic of alignment, and how this subject of control is a direct response to alignment.
Here are today’s points:
- The choices people make.
- How free will interferes with control.
- Why control is a bad idea.
- Why control is source of anger and resentment.
- What to do instead of “controlling.”
- Control vs. Influence
- How alignment is related to control.
- How to identify controlling behavior in yourself.
- Why you should always focus on the facts.
- How to look for change, not control.
We invite you to join our Facebook group. It’s great to have such an incredible group of entrepreneurs out there making it happen every day. We’d love to hear from you; please feel free to join our Facebook group and share your experiences, challenges, and motivation with us and the rest of Startup Chat community.
We appreciate having your email address at The Startup Chat because we’ll be sharing some special podcast episodes and other things exclusively with the people on our email list. Click the link above and fill out the email address box to become part of the community today!