080: 20 Ways to Start a Business Without Funding
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Starting a business is not a one size fits all course. There are many of ways to get your foot in the door of an industry or service. Today we give you some tips on how to raise or conserve money in your business without investors. The most important thing is to a have a skill set or access to people with a skill set you need that will make money.
Your skill set should always be growing and adapting. One of the most useful tips is barter your services in exchange for a service or goods. Our main tips can be summed up below:
- Self-Fund — Don’t quit your day job so fast, make small goals and keep your business as a side project until it starts making money for you.
- Work for Free — Working for free will establish a business contact for you. You will also be exposed to the day to day inner workings of the business.
- Freelance — Freelance work also builds client rosters and business contacts.
- Build a community around your product or service.
- Be a “matchmaker” for companies who need a particular service.
There is more than one way to find success in a business. We would love to hear some of your stories on how you started with nothing and built your business.
We invite you to join our Facebook group. It’s great to have such an incredible group of entrepreneurs out there making it happen every day. We’d love to hear from you; please feel free to join our Facebook group and share your experiences, challenges, and motivation with us and the rest of Startup Chat community.
We appreciate having your email address at The Startup Chat because we’ll be sharing some special podcast episodes and other things exclusively with the people on our email list. Click the link above and fill out the email address box to become part of the community today!
As always, you can hit us up on Twitter @Steli or @hnshah, #thestartupchat.