Today on The Startup Chat we are talking about impostor syndrome. The idea came from a gif on our Facebook group page that show a baby beginning life with the thought that he doesn’t know what he’s doing and that continues through all stages of life with him still not knowing what he is doing as he progresses through life. At the root of imposter syndrome is realizing nobody, not even founders, really knows what they’re doing.
Today we talk about some of the fears and uncertainties we face as founders and how looking at things a bit differently can help us through them and imposter syndrome.
- The importance of being comfortable making choices, fully committing and changing your mind if necessary
- The problems in comparing your success to others
- The role ego plays and problems relating to thinking too much about how you are perceived
- The power of writing or speaking your fears
- What it means to break through cloudy barriers of assumptions
- How you can find ways to help you realize that nobody really knows what they’re doing all the time
Hiten: Start to look at ways to move toward getting knowledge and determining the right problem to work on. Go YouTube it, Google it, access the knowledge that’s right at your fingertips.
Steli: Take action and do something in an area where you can fail without serious consequences. Find something small to do that you don’t know how to do and get used to the feeling that you may fail.
Links and Resources:
We invite you to join our Facebook group. It’s great to have such an incredible group of entrepreneurs out there making it happen every day. We’d love to hear from you; please feel free to join our Facebook group and share your experiences, challenges, and motivation with us and the rest of Startup Chat community.
We appreciate having your email address at The Startup Chat because we’ll be sharing some special podcast episodes and other things exclusively with the people on our email list. Click the link above and fill out the email address box to become part of the community today!