On today’s episode we talk about how to deal with “scaling up” in your business and how to handle someone who isn’t quite getting it. By “scaling up” we mean that situation where a senior member or founding member of a team is promoted up to a leadership or management role. This can be a slippery slope, and on today’s episode we want to give advice on how to make the process less stressful.
Founding members are often a special breed of people. That’s why when it’s time to move out of startup mode and build the company, they can seem out of place. Sometimes a team member may have valuable knowledge, but not the experience with leadership. Today we offer some solutions for that problem.
We discussed these points today:
- How managing is different from contributing
- Embracing the structure of your company
- The 2 tracks for employees and the problems that can cause
- How to find the best place for an employee’s growth
- Scaling because of a team member’s wants or ambition
- Scaling because it’s best for the company
- The right way and the wrong way to scale up
- The importance of transparency
We invite you to join our Facebook group. It’s great to have such an incredible group of entrepreneurs out there making it happen every day. We’d love to hear from you; please feel free to join our Facebook group and share your experiences, challenges, and motivation with us and the rest of Startup Chat community.
We appreciate having your email address at The Startup Chat because we’ll be sharing some special podcast episodes and other things exclusively with the people on our email list. Click the link above and fill out the email address box to become part of the community today!