113: How to Choose the Right Startup Advisors
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Today we talk about if building an advisor board is for you. We share our experiences with finding advisors and why we chose them. We will tell you what we have seen work well in advisory boards and what doesn’t. We have both been advisors in the past so we can give some perspective on that as well.
If you are considering going to an advisor for help let us help you decide if it’s a good idea for you.
The topics we discuss today are:
- Why equity is often given to an advisor
- Choosing your advisors on expertise
- When do you need an advisor
- Why you shouldn’t expect a lot from an advisor
- Why Close.io doesn’t have an advisory board
- Why you need a “dating period” with advisors
- Beware of “throwing shares around”
- Asking yourself the right questions to get the right advisors
We invite you to join our Facebook group. It’s great to have such an incredible group of entrepreneurs out there making it happen every day. We’d love to hear from you; please feel free to join our Facebook group and share your experiences, challenges, and motivation with us and the rest of Startup Chat community.
We appreciate having your email address at The Startup Chat because we’ll be sharing some special podcast episodes and other things exclusively with the people on our email list. Click the link above and fill out the email address box to become part of the community today!
As always, you can hit us up on Twitter @Steli or @hnshah, #thestartupchat.