In light of Steli and close.io hiring a varitey of product team members; we want to talk about company onboarding. Onboarding new employees is totally different for a startup. On today’s episode we talk about our methods of onboarding and why how you onboard an employee will effect your team and the productivity of your business.
There are numerous ways to onboard someone, but there are a few methods that work best. We discuss all the methods and help you see if your method is productive.
The topics we discuss today are:
- Why employee retention is important
- The “deep end” approach of onboarding
- The pros and cons of the “deep end” method
- How the first week is the best indicator of a good hire
- The way Slack can improve onboarding
- The problems of over-doing onboarding
- Corporate onboarding vs. Startup onboarding
We invite you to join our Facebook group. It’s great to have such an incredible group of entrepreneurs out there making it happen every day. We’d love to hear from you; please feel free to join our Facebook group and share your experiences, challenges, and motivation with us and the rest of Startup Chat community.
We appreciate having your email address at The Startup Chat because we’ll be sharing some special podcast episodes and other things exclusively with the people on our email list. Click the link above and fill out the email address box to become part of the community today!